One Year Fellowship
The one-year fellowship includes the basic curriculum and the option of taking selected courses at the University of Pittsburgh Graduate School of Public Health (GSPH) or the University of Pittsburgh Institute for Clinical Research Education (ICRE).
Two Year Fellowship with Advanced Degree
The two-year fellowship encompasses all aspects of the one-year program. It includes community-based primary care practice, teaching and research. This experience leads to a Master in Public Health or a Masters of Science in Medical Education or Clinical Research.
The fellow completes all of the master’s coursework on a part-time basis over two years while adapting the fellowship research project to fulfilling the essay requirement for the master’s degree. The full-time faculty at Pitt affords unique, quality training in the areas of biostatistics, epidemiology, and health services administration and research.
MASTER OF SCIENCE (MS) IN CLINICAL RESEARCH
- This MS program is for medical students, fellows, and faculty members who want intense training in the design and implementation of high-quality clinical research involving human subjects.
MASTER OF SCIENCE (MS) IN MEDICAL EDUCATION
- This MS program is for fellows and faculty members who are pursuing careers in medical education and clinical teaching and who want intense training in clinical education.
MULTIDISCIPLINARY MASTER OF PUBLIC HEALTH
- This MPH program is designed to provide research skills, and community and global training to help make a difference in the health of communities and the world. The educational program provides advanced public health research skills in which they can be applied “GloCally” (globally to locally). The program is designed to train PharmDs, clinicians and PhDs to develop academic research skills to maximize improvement of health in the US and world wide.
Additional Education Options
- Mini MBA
- Mini Master in Health Adminstration
- Health Systems Leadership and Management Certificate
- Other full day, half day or series on wide variety of topics offered by the University of Pittsburgh, Katz School of Business, Carnegie Mellon University, etc.